KITOKIA GRAFIKA is inviting artists to submit their works for comics exhibition which is being organized in May 2017 as part of the 2nd Kaunas International Graphic Art Biennial. This year the Biennial is called “Fragment Evolution” and is aiming to become an important event in the world of Lithuanian art as a new creative impulse for graphic artists. It is supposed to activate creative initiatives and cherish the traditions of graphic art in Lithuania introducing new technologies and providing the visitors with an opportunity to get in touch with the latest tendencies of graphic art worldwide. The main concept of the 2nd Kaunas International Graphic Art Biennial becomes visual dynamics in graphic art.
On this occasion KITOKIA GRAFIKA is organizing special exhibition called “Fragment Deconstruction” and dedicated to the new forms of comic art. Artworks of up to ten artists selected for this exhibition will be presented on one or several locations in Kaunas. The planned opening of the exhibition is on 4 May, 2017, it will be open for 2-4 weeks.
You can find the main guidelines for submission of works for the exhibition “Fragment Deconstruction” below:
- Artworks must meet the concept of the exhibition and the Biennial.
- Comics media created using various graphic art techniques can be submitted to the contest.
- It is preferable to submit series of original artworks or signed prints.
- Size of the artworks is unlimited.
- Submitted artwork(s) must be created in the last 5 years.
- The application form should be completed online.
- Submitted preview files should be of low resolution, but good enough quality, suitable for the primary selection of works.
- Original drawings and sketches are not acceptable for the selection.
- For the selection one author should send at least 3 works (series). Every work (and its preview file) should be clearly identified. Required information: title of the work, dimensions, weight, material and techniques used, date of creation (this information is filled into application form)
- Author’s photograph in portrait, as well as files or links of his/her portfolio and CV is required for the exhibition catalog.
- The participants agree that selected visual material can be published for the Biennial advertising purposes without violation of copyright.
- Applications with required submission information (photographs, preview files, descriptions of works, CV and/or other) should be submitted via our e-mail address until 1 April, 2017.
- Selection of works will be announced in the first week of April.
- Selected participants have to deliver their works to the exhibition no later than 1 May, 2017.
- Submitted artworks must be prepared for the exhibition (e.g. if necessary framed, gallery wrapped, matted etc.).
- Shipping cost related to sending and returning of submitted artworks will be covered by agreement. We are responsible for the successful returning of works after the Biennial and we will also try to cover the postal costs completely. However each submission needs specific handling so all conditions will be discussed personally with every selected artist.